Bingo Calling Terms (part 3)
The nicknames - often picked up from local slang, famous people/characters, places or TV shows are almost always funny. Let's continue our detailed look at some of them.
- 42 - That famous street in Manhattan
42nd Street New York City, is a busy cross section famous for its theatres, especially Broadway. It houses some important buildings like the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Station, Times Square, and the Port Authority Bus Terminal.
- 45 - Halfway house / Halfway there
45 is the half of ninety. In a 90 ball game, 45 is the halfway.
- 47 - Four and seven
- 48 - Four dozen
- 49 - PC (Police Constable) / Copper / Nick nick
Back in the 50's, PC 49 was a popular radio show in Britain. The number gets all the police nicknames from that show.
- 50 - Bulls eye / Blind 50 / Half a century
The slang Bull's Eye is taken from the game of darts, where if you hit the centre, you get 50 points.
- 52 - Weeks in a year / Pack 'o Cards
There are a total of 52 weeks in a year and 52 cards in a pack
- 55 - Double nickels
- 56 - Was she worth it?
- 57 - Heinz varieties/ All the Beans
Heinz 57 is a popular brand of canned beans in the UK.
- 58 - Choo Choo Thomas
Choo Choo Thomas is a 58 number engine from a popular cartoon series by the engine's name.
- 60 - Three score / Blind 60 / Five dozen